Very basics of business for the beginner
Duration: 7.5 Hours
Note: Udemy FREE coupon codes are valid for maximum 3 days only. Look for "Get Coupon" orange button at the end of Description. This post may have affiliate link & we may get small commission if you make a purchase.
What you'll learn
- Basics of operations management
- Operational decisions
- Customer services - its importance
- Working with suppliers
- Using technology
- Motivation techniques
- The importance of capacity utilisation
- Break-even analysis
- This is a basic course - notepad and writing implements
- Access to computer
- A business dictionary
- Ideally, work experience to enable you to relate this to your work
- An interest in learning the basics of business
- Time to do follow up homework
BUT...owing to the speed of some of the lectures, the constant outpouring of ideas, this will be of use for any student studying business.
In particular the material is current as at late August 2022.
The Instructor has many years experience in delivering business courses to age range 15 and upwards. It is recognised that pupils/students can get bored - very easily. Therefore to gain attention, many lectures have short snippets of films in that illustrate the theme of the lecture - and these are films that the Instructor has starred in.
That makes the course unique.
The final seven lectures are 'Revision lectures'. These go over old ground and questions are asked - and asked again. In the Resources section there is a booklet giving prompts.
So this course is absolutely ideal for the beginner to business, who needs to feel involved rather than just watching a bunch of videos. To that end questions are asked during the lecture - and students given a minute to answer. Plus active use of the Q/A is encouraged.
Business fundamentals...business basics for someone who is approaching the subject for the first time and needs a course that is current, approaches the subject in an unusual way and where the whole series of lectures is seen as two-way discussion.
Developing an effective workforce
Revision (7 lectures)
Who this course is for:
- Those thinking of a business career
- Students beginning a business course
- Pupils at school studying a 'general' business course
- Students whose first language is NOT English and are looking for a basic introduction to business