Learn to Install & Configure NGINX on Ubuntu 18.04. Includes MySQL, PHP, PhpMyAdmin, WordPress & SSL Integration.
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Note: Udemy FREE coupon codes are valid for maximum 3 days only. Look for "Get Coupon" orange button at the end of Description. This post may have affiliate link & we may get small commission if you make a purchase.
What you'll learn
- Understand the key differences between Apache and NGINX
- Deploy a Virtual Server on Digital Ocean with Ubuntu 18.04
- Attach a Floating IP to a Digital Ocean Virtual Server
- Connect to a remote Virtual Server using an SSH Client
- Execute basic commands to a server
- Install LEMP Stack on a Virtual Server (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP)
- Configure Name Servers for a Domain Name
- Configure a DNS Zone File
- Install a Free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate on NGINX using Certbot
- Install PhpMyAdmin on NGINX
- Secure PhpMyAdmin using Symbolic Links and Authentication Gateways
- Install and Configure WordPress on NGINX
- Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
- Terminal for MAC users or PuTTY for Windows Users
In this course, we are going to be exploring one of the most powerful Web Server technologies available. One that has grown in popularity exponentially since its release - Yes, we are talking about NGINX.
Whether you are an experienced web developer or new to the industry, you’ve likely heard of the age-old debate between Apache and NGINX. Which one is better, what should you use? This course offers a great introduction into NGINX. We will be covering several important topics, such as:
Understanding the difference between Apache & NGINX
Installing NGINX on a Digital Ocean Droplet or any Virtual Server of your choice.
Modifying the NGINX Block Configuration file for hosting Websites
Installing essential components on NGINX such as MySQL, PHP & PhpMyAdmin
Securing PhpMyAdmin using symbolic links and NGINX’s built in authentication gateway.
Securing your hosted websites with free SSL using Certbot & Let’s Encrypt
Installing and Configuring WordPress on your NGINX Server
We will be using Digital Ocean droplets for this course, but you can create a virtual server with any cloud hosting provider of your choice. The configuration steps would be the same, regardless of who you host with. Also, we will be using the latest LTS version of Ubuntu (18.04).
So, if you are ready to dive back into another course and learn a variety of new concepts, hit the sign-up button!
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in learning about NGINX
- Students interested in learning the differences between Apache & NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to deploy a Virtual Server
- Students who want to learn how to execute commands using Console
- Students who want to learn how to connect to a remote Virtual Server using an SSH Client
- Students interested in Installing and Configuring NGINX on Ubuntu
- Students who want to Install and Configure PHP, MySQL and PhpMyAdmin on NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to attach a domain name to a website hosted on NGINX
- Students interested in learning how to install SSL on NGINX using Let's Encrypt
- Students who want to Install & Secure PhpMyAdmin for Database Management
- Students who want to learn how to Install and Configure WordPress on NGINX