Master Formulas and Functions, Charts, Pivot Tables, VBA Macros, and much more - the smart way!
Duration: 13 Hours
Note: Udemy FREE coupon codes are valid for maximum 3 days only. Look for "Get Coupon" orange button at the end of Description. This post may have affiliate link & we may get small commission if you make a purchase.
What you'll learn
- Keyboard shortcuts and data entry tips and tricks
- Filtering, sorting, and formatting your data
- Manipulating date and time data with functions like DATE, TIME, DATEDIF, and NETWORKDAYS
- Transforming and cleaning text data with functions like LEFT/RIGHT, MID, FIND, SUBSTITUTE, and TRIM
- Applying conditional logic with the IF, AND, and OR functions
- Using VLOOKUP to consolidate and reconcile separate datasets
- Building dynamic models with Excel
- Applying conditional formatting, color scales, and data bars to give meaning to your data
- Using Excel's powerful charting engine to tell the story of your data with attractive visualizations
- Working with external data
- Managing structured datasets efficiently with Excel Tables
- Summarizing and analyzing large datasets with Excel Pivot Tables
- Supercharging your Pivot Tables with Slicers
- Automating Excel with VBA Macros
- An installation of Microsoft Excel (Excel 365 is used for demonstrations, but the course material is compatible with earlier versions).
- Excel for Mac should be fine in most cases, but all course examples are presented on Windows.
Excel allows us to transform, analyze, summarize, and visualize our data with incredible power and efficiency, making it the ultimate "glue" application without which many organizations would fall apart. You'd be amazed at how much many crucial decisions made at the highest levels of companies, or even governments, are made based on data in an Excel spreadsheet.
And even better - with the right teaching approach - Excel is actually pretty easy to master.
Now to be sure, Excel is one of the most complex applications ever built, and a course that covers all of its features and functionality might last well into the next decade. But fortunately, as with so many things, there is a small percentage of Excel's feature set that most people use, most of the time.
Because I want to level up your skills in the shortest time possible, this course is laser-focused on Excel's most useful and powerful features - the ones you'll find yourself going back to, day in and day out.
Here's a sneak peek at just some of the things you'll learn:
Keyboard shortcuts and data entry tricks that will help you swat away those tedious tasks around the office with ease
Formatting tips to give your spreadsheets that professional look
Filtering and sorting for rapid insights into your data
Crunching out calculations and summary statistics with Excel formulas and functions
Performing "date math" with Excel's vast array of date and time functions
Using functions to perform complex operations on text data
Logical functions like AND, OR, and IF for advanced conditional operations
Master the essential VLOOKUP function for consolidating and reconciling separate datasets
Best practices for constructing dynamic models with sophisticated controls for varying model input
Advanced data visualization techniques, including custom formats, conditional formatting, and - of course! - charts
Working with external data
Managing "structured" data efficiently with Excel Tables
Condensing large datasets into powerful Business Intelligence using Excel Pivot Tables
Taking your Pivot Tables to the next level with Slicers
Automating redundant tasks with Excel Macros
Editing VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code for more fine-tuned control of your Macros
And I go way beyond the mere mechanics of how things work; you can always go to the documentation for that.
Instead, I tie each piece of functionality back to the types of scenarios where it is most commonly applied, and demonstrate these applications with realistic examples.
But without hands-on practice to reinforce what you've learned, you might as well be binging the latest show on Netflix instead of taking an Excel course. That's why I also included plenty of exercises - with solutions - that challenge you to apply each of the concepts we cover in the course to a real world problem.
By the end of the course, you'll have mastered all the skills you need to take control of your data - and your time - with Microsoft Excel.
Take it from someone who leveraged a foundation of Excel skills into a career as a Data Analyst: this knowledge will not only save you countless hours on innumerable tasks on your job, it can also make you a superstar around the office.
So what are you waiting for? Enroll today to become a true Excel Power User. I'll see you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Data analysts looking to take their mastery of Microsoft Excel to the next level
- Data scientists curious about leveraging the power of excel to make their data munging processes more efficient
- Business people who want to stop wasting hours of their day on redundant data manipulation tasks
- Students looking for clear explanations of some of Excel's most powerful features
- Anyone who would benefit from manipulating and transforming their data faster and more efficiently